26 May 2006

Way too long!

down to only about 2! :) And alas, I have absolutely no time to update, but I'm doing itI used to have like 6 readers, now I think I'm anyway - yes, I love you guys. I am very crazy super duper busy getting ready for summer w/work and all. Camp, trips, lock-ins, you name it, we're planning it. It's all totally worth it and I love my job, but I do have moments of stress. Yesterday, I was inspired to write a poem about working. I wouldn't want you all to be jealous of my poetic abilities, so I'll spare you. However, it was quite moving. What else, what else - I agreed to help with the junior high lock-in tonight - yep, that's all night long with a bunch of junior high students. Yep, I'm not too bright - either that or I'm a sadist.

Anywho, OH....I did go to a fabulous tea party last week for my dear friend who is graduating from high school. It was at the swankiest hotel in Houston and oh-so-girly. We had tea and scones and tea sandwiches and fruit tartlets. Oh my, it was delightful. And did I forget to mention Charles who told us all about the Devonshire clotted cream that they have flown in from England 5 days a week. I'm telling ya, it was a top notch high tea.
And what else, Oh today is my friend Karin's last day at work which makes me incredibly sad, so sad that I refuse to think about it. But, in honor of her we went out to eat for lunch at the close by Turkish restaurant. I had iskender which was absolutely amazing! Just like the real thing in Turkey. Cok guzel!

Well, I gots to go. Peace out yo! (it must be the youth influence)

4 comments:

Johnson Journal said...

oh I'm so glad you like English Teas! When you come we can go to the Ritz and have afternoon tea! Amy and I do it at least once or twice a year but since she's leaving I won't have anyone to go with. so I will see you in November. Love ya, Elizabeth

Natalie said...

Just so you know...I'm still reading. I don't get many comments on my blog either but it's fun to write and I know that at least my family checks it...I think!
Natalie

Janelle said...

Tea and scones?
I love it! What fun!
And hey, I don't blame you for your "few and far between" posts... I have trouble finding the time these days too!

PS~ I miss Karin already!

Anonymous said...

Come on, be a cool person and update. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

my xanga: http://www.xanga.com/suzanne291

see you on wednesday looove