09 July 2007

You gotta love this!

shodyourself3
Okay, so rarely in life is there something that so clearly encapsulates so many things I'm passionate about. Shoes...Hello! What's not to love about shoes? And Kurds...well, maybe I'm unique in this, but I truly do love Kurdish people. And kids...especially ones needing heart surgery! Besides the fact that I had heart surgery myself when I was a teenager, only a completely compassionless person wouldn't have a "heart" for them. (Man, I am so cheesy!) And well, I can't think of anything much cooler than a business-for-blessing in Iraq. Do you ever look at this world and just feel overwhelmed at the need and despair and can't imagine how you can help? Know that you're supposed to bring Jesus to this world, but don't know how? Well, here's at least one thing you can do. And if you're like me and can't imagine spending more than 20-30 bucks on a pair of shoes, well...this isn't really about you. Or the shoes. And besides, how much money did you spend on gas last month? Or at Target? Or drinking Starbucks? Or on concert tickets? Go ahead, suck it up. You can do it. A teeny little sacrifice won't kill ya. Go ahead. Click on the link. You know you want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love this, R! Thanks for helping spread the word. We love sharing life with someone whose heart is big enough for the whole world. We're grateful you're helping to give that heart to others, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement! Any friends of S&A are friends of ours by default and by virtue of the fact that S&A are such great people. It's cool to hear your story and why this opportunity we have connects with you so much. You do seem uniquely positioned to care about something like this!

So thanks for your encouragement, thanks for actually buying the shoes, and thanks for taking the energy and time to tell others about it.

In Christ,

Jeremy