26 December 2007

December craziness!

Merry Christmas! Thank God that He has come to be WITH US. I so desperately need Him to be living life here with me everyday. Anywho, as with most of you lots and lots has been going on this month...here's a few of the happenings and a couple o'pics.
For a lovely start to the month, my sister hosted the most amazing early birthday girly Christmas tea party for me on the 1st. My mom even flew down from Jersey for the fun and I also had about 18 or so other beautiful ladies show up to let me know how loved I am. We delighted in the cranberry punch and the cutest tea sandwiches you've ever seen and a wonderful display of teas and petite quiches and scones and clotted cream and all the cute little doilies and unexpected touches that my sister spent hours and hours preparing. Have I mentioned that I have the greatest sister ever? She even had lace on the punch cups and teeny red bows on the forks, not to mention the cheese was cut out in holiday shapes! (btw, sorry to any guys reading this, I'm sure you could care less, but for girls this stuff is extremely important.) There were even door prizes and little gifts for everyone to take home! I especially enjoyed reading all of the thoughtful notes and scripture passages that my friends brought for me. I so wish that all of my girlfriends in San Diego, New York, Magnolia, Louisville, Boston, India, Turkey, Brazil, Iowa, and even Pineville, LA could have come to share in the girliness with me. However, if all of you had been there too, I'm not sure I could have stood all the excitement!
Then, there were several Christmas parties and shopping to do and new offices to move into. The office move was a little bit nuts, but I shan't complain because in the midst of it all, I had 5 unexpected and undeserved days off! Wow, that was a HUGE Christmas gift! And I have a window in my new little office with a great view which I'm loving! Oh, and sadly my dear dear dear dear friends Will and Kristi moved to Louisville to get em some more skoolin. :) So very happy for them, but I already miss them both like crazy!
And now I'm in New Jersey with the folks and just enjoying some stillness. We had a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and today my mom and I did a little bit of shopping (I guess I'm a bit shopped out this year because all I came home with was a $3 scarf from JCrew which my mom generously bought!) And tomorrow I'm going to take a small little bite out of the BIG APPLE all by myself! What a big girl I am. :) Have no idea what I'll decide to do, but I'm just looking forward to being in the city and soaking up all the sights, sounds, and smells of NY. And then on Friday which just so happens to be my BIRTHDAY my daddy is taking off work and all three of us will drive to this cute little town to have a delicious lunch and look around the cozy little stores and enjoy all the Christmas lights...oh, and I'm thinking I might get to open a few gifts too. And well, there's more that's going on in the homefront, but I'll write about that another time.
As you can tell, I'm getting lots of love. :)

2 comments:

Michawn said...

How fun. You look gorgeous and I can't wait to hear about your big girl trip to NY. :)

I, just in the past year, have wanted to spend some time in NYC...never had the desire before. We flew out of NYC to come to Brasil, but that's all...just went straight to the airport. Someday.

Love the pictures and all the fun news. HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way.

Kim for the Kings said...

OH OH OH! You were soooo close to Boston and I didn't even know it! If you EVER go to NYC again, you better let me know. I could meet you there! :) Love you and LOVED reading about all the December happenings in your life. Have a blessed new year, dear sister!