30 March 2007

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us

that we should be called children of God! (I John 3:1) Wow, that's amazing. And today, I'm amazed that because I belong to Him, he gives me lots of sweet little gifts too. And mostly, I'm thankful that today He gave me eyes to see the gifts - because that in itself is marvelous grace. Too often I miss the beauty, but not today! Today I see beauty in things like sitting outside last night enjoying the breeze, Greek food, Greek music in the background, laughter and random but real conversation. I'm thankful for a good night's sleep topped off with sweet dreams. I loved listening to music this morning and reading John 1 and 1 John 1. Putting on my jeans to wear to work on this Friday, it's a teeny little good thing. I loved the 30 minute pause walking my dog on a cool pre-summer morning and hearing birds sing. Seeing my favorite balcony in my apartment complex with their kitschy Easter decorations, plants, table clothed table with their hot sauce where they actually eat, their clock radio, their home country flag hanging. I love thinking about the fact that they actually do life on their balcony! So goofy, but I love walking by this totally pimped out blue shiny long Cadillac with big silver wheels - definitely my favorite car today. The news in an e-mail that one of my friends is moving back to Turkey. Hearing of another friend getting surprisingly engaged. Real friendship, gosh I love that. Just all little bits of gifts - the gift of enjoying this life. Jesus has done so many more valuable and precious things for me, but the fact that He knows me today. That He knows me. That He gifts me enjoyment in Him - that is beauty.

His Word is true. He does satisfy the longing soul and fill the hungry soul with goodness. (Ps107:9) So...has He given you any gifts today?

1 comment:

Kasey Joy said...

i need pictures and a post from VA Beach!!!