20 March 2008

March Madness Madders

Okay, so here's the thing, let's face it...I'm not that into sports. I couldn't care less about who's winning what and who's playing what and who's in what conference, blah, blah, blah. Unless of course, I have some personal investment in the team, like when the Rockets are playing for the championship or it's the Astros in the World Series or it's my niece kicking serious tail in soccer or my nephew busting heads in football, or some of our Stratford kids in Playoffs, or even Kasey's age-old buddy who's grad assistant coach for the SFA guys basketball team....but I mean, other than all that, I don't care. :)

But alas, March Madness comes around and I lose all sense of not caring. I'm sucked in. Suddenly the fact that I have committed to a bracket makes me insane with curiosity about who's winning at all times. I can't begin to tell you how many times I checked the status of games today. AND IT'S JUST THE FIRST DAY! Sheesh! What am I gonna do with myself? Suddenly, I'm watching the live game updates online during the day at work and hitting refresh every 5 seconds just in case the game has turned. I didn't even know bulldogs were from Georgia until they failed me in the last quarter of the game today. What's wrong with those guys anyway? You try to pull for the underdawg and look what happens! You get BURNED, that's what happens! I mean, really, those guys are an embarrassment to the game, fouling all over themselves, missing free throws, just lame. period. And yet, speaking of lame...why do I care? Well, because they cost me a vital point today that's why. It's March and I'm mad. Just plain mad. This is why I don't do sports, the stress is just too much. So, for a brief reprieve from my obsessive compulsiveness, I decided to do something different, you know, distract myself with something more positive and productive and beneficial to society.

I updated my Yahoo Avatar. What can I say? I'm officially a March Madness Memphis-lovin Mess...but what a great outfit!

1 comment:

Kim for the Kings said...

You crack me up!!!