18 March 2008

What a day of rejoicing, of rejoicing that will be..

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!

Well, while I am not in heaven today, I am certainly very very very happily rejoicing. My mom and dad received GREAT news today after meeting with the oncologist and going over all of her reports - she does NOT need to have chemo! How awesome is that? I can't tell you how excited we all are to be at this place in the journey. When I talked to my mom earlier today she sounded more excited and more like herself than she has in a really long time. The e-mail update she just sent said she felt like doing a cartwheel and a somersault she is so thrilled! And I don't know how to explain the huge sense of relief I feel...my eyes are beginning to tear up, but not because of sadness this time! I'm just so thankful for good news and thankful for God bringing me and us through to this place and thankful for incredible doctors and science and medical technology and thankful for so many of you who have shared this with me. Mostly, I'm thankful that God does answer prayer and that He has been so gracious. And I'm thankful that so many of you are giving Him glory too today because of my mom. That is awesome. I'm grateful for His love that never quits. And, even if she had needed chemo and even if the journey was different or longer or even if a multitude of things, I know that God's grace is always sufficient and that He is always the same and that He is always enough. His love never quit! What a wonder! So if you picture me today, picture me grinning. "Oh happy day...."

1 comment:

claymonster said...

Incredibly awesome news!
God is great!